Saturday, September 1, 2007

RAIN

Let's see about the rain today-

1) Lost about twelve wooden pieces of art that I had set outside to finish drying. The tragedy, wet and warped. The upside, I've just got to redefine what I was going to do with them. And, start over a birthday present for my youngest daughter. That's an upside? *** He must be optimistic these days***

2) My car. Hmm...got about two inches of flood water on the inside of the car. This is what I came back to New ORleans for. Well, it's not the only thing, but the flooding helps keep things in perspective. The perspective...what am I doing with a car anyway? So, the upside...I got to vacuum out my car and clean the floors of all the books, artwork, stencils, clothes and et cetera et cetera.

3) What to do with those towels that soaked up the bulk of the water from the floor of my car? Well, throw them into the washer and clean them with what dirty clothes I have left. Interestingly enough, nearly all of my clothes are folded and put away, hung, what have you; so there wasn't much. Ordinarily all of the water drains out, but since the drains were full from flood water...guess there wasn't anywhere for the water to go. So, I had to ring out everything before putting it in the dryer. The upside...no dirty laundry.

In the end, the rain didn't mess up my parade.

No comments: